02. Live at Onkel Po in Hamburg (9:12)
03. Proto-Deluxe at Harmonia Studio in Forst (4:30)
04. Live at Fabrik in Hamburg (11:38)
- Dieter Moebius / synthesizer, electronic drums (3 & 4), nagoja harp and vox (1)
- Michael Rother / guitar (except 3), synthorchestra (1 & 3), electronic drums (1 & 4), cymbals and vox (1)
- Hans-Joachim Roedelius / electric piano, organ (2 & 4), vox (1)
- Mani Neumeier / drums (2 &4)
The first studio track, "Tiki-Taka", is a unique beast in the Harmonia discography, a dark track filed to the brim with skittering instruments, including a never before or since used by them nagoja harp. This alone makes "Documents" a revelatory release, showing a never before seen part of the supergroup's creative consciousness. Its studio cousin is "Proto-Deluxe", a standard though as usual fun and relaxing cut of theirs. The other revelations come from the live cuts, which merge their electronic styles and experiments with psychkraut jamming that compares to live Floyd and the first Ash Ra Tempel album. This is another very different side of the band. Altogether, this is a revealing and excellent little collection, proving once and for all the varied, versatile, and enduring creativity of these legendary musicians.