Sunday, November 13, 2016

Various Artists - 1966 - Electronic Music

Various Artists 
1966
Electronic Music




01. Lewin-Richter Study No. 1 3:35
02. Mimaroglu    Le Tombeau D’Edgar Poe 7:20
03. Mimaroglu    Intermezzo 3:05
04. Mimaroglu   Bowery Bum (Study After Jean Dubuffet) 2:50
05. Avni Vocalise 5:47
06. Carlos Variations For Flute And Electronic Sound 4:00
07. Carlos Dialogues For Piano And Two Loudspeakers 4:05


Sleeve Notes – Andres Lewin-Richter, Ilhan Mimaroglu, Tzvi Avni, Vladimir Ussachevsky, Walter Carlos



Excellent mid 60's LP collection of truly out electronic pieces by Andres Lewin-Richter, Ilhan Mimaroglu, Tzvi  Avni, and Walter Carlos. Side 1 is a bunch of primitive synthesizer sounds seemingly at random. Interesting yet perplexing. I like listening to bizarre things but no one I know would make it more than a minute or two. Side two starts out with more electronic sounds with hollow electronic voices mixed in. Continues on with some almost musical passages, still my wife was giving me the WTF? look. I'll give this one a poly lined sleeve. Interesting enough to pull out once every 4 or 5 years. Sound quality is pretty good.


John Lennon with Electronic Music!



2 comments:



  1. http://www.filefactory.com/file/5qnfop4zmie5/4218.rar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool.

    I have this lp.

    I think its Carlos' first appearance on vinyl.

    ReplyDelete