Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Mel Brown ‎- 1969 - I'd Rather Suck My Thumb

Mel Brown
1969 
I'd Rather Suck My Thumb



01. I'd Rather Suck My Thumb
02. Scorpio
03. Eighteen Pounds Of Unclean Chitlings
04. You Got Me Hummin'
05. Do Your Thing
06. Troubles
07. Dixie

Bass [Fender] – Bob West
Drums – Greg Ferber
Electric Piano – Clifford Coulter
Guitar, Vocals – Mel Brown
Harmonica – Matthew Kelly
Organ – Clifford Coulter (tracks: A1 to A3, B2 to B4), Johnny Carswell (tracks: B1)


One of the bluesiest of Mel Brown's funky guitar records for Impulse. The album includes some very stripped-down performances that highlight Mel's deep soulful guitar style, and the nice groovy keyboards of Clifford Coulter. Mel sings a bit, but not much, and the best tracks are the long trippy instrumentals. Titles include "18 Pounds Of Unclean Chitlins", "You Got Me Hummin", "Scorpio" (not the Dennis Coffey version), and the funky funky "Do Your Thing", which has a tight Isleys groove.

1 comment:




  1. http://www.filefactory.com/file/7e8nxm0b9d5v/3485.rar

    ReplyDelete