02. Rosa Rot (3:44)
03. Unterwegs / 8 vor zwei (5:23)
04. Worte (4:18)
05. Komm, wir fahr'n auf's Land (3:48)
06. Werdohl (7:20)
07. Die graue Stadt (3:39)
08. Kennst du den Mann (3:21)
09. Schlaf-Lied (3:38)
- Sonny Hennig / vocals, keyboards
- Muck Groh / guitar, trombone
- Tommi Roeder / bass, saxophone, guitar, vocals
- Georgie Meyer / flute, bells, vocals
- Olders Frenzel / drums, guitar
- Ernst Schultz / guitar, bass, vocals
Werdohl" was the follow-up to the famous album "2375 004" ("Jeans-Cover"). Published later in the same year (1971) it showed a remarkable musical development. Song structures and instrumentation were more complex now with heavy influences from Jazz, blues, and even classical music. Winds, pianos, organs and several acoustic guitars are used. In most of the songs the lyrics tend more towards poetical than political expression ("Unterwegs", "Komm, wir fahr'n auf's Land").
Overall this album is versatile and entertaining but a little unsecure in musical style. Ihre Kinder started to suffer from the ongoing changing of band members. On "Werdohl" Co-founder Sonny Hennig only joins on two songs as "guest".
The main shortcomings are the somewhat murky singing and the sometimes immature words. While on "2375 004" the singing suited the melancholic and dark lyrics and the more folky music here on "Werdohl" it cannot bear the weight of the heavyily arranged and instrumented music.