Monday, April 20, 2015

The Savage Rose - 1968 - In The Plain

The Savage Rose 
1968 
In The Plain




01. Long Before I Was Born 3:21
02. I'm Walking Through the Door 4:31
03. Let's See Her 3:55
04. Ride My Mountain (Jade) 5:42
05. The Shepherd & Sally 5:20
06. His Own Happiness 1:52
07. Gods Little Hand 2:26
08. Evenings Child 3:30
09. A Trial in Our Native Town 7:10

Bass – Jens Rusted
Drums – Alex Riel
Guitar – Nils Tuxen
Organ, Vocals, Lyrics By – Anders Koppel
Piano, Harpsichord – Maria
Piano, Vocals, Music By – Thomas Koppel
Vocals – Annisette



Some of the most powerful and memorable music I've ever heard. It's all in the first track "Long Before I Was Born" and just continues on from there. When Annisette sings, sailing, everybody's gone sailing over that building mountain of wailing sound in "The Shepherd & Sally", it just sends shivers down my spine. And then she and her powerful and eclectic band close it with a bloodbath called "A Trial In Our Native Town." Just staggering stuff. A writer called her Minnie Mouse on Belladonna. That's incredibly close to my ears. What emotional power Minnie Mouse on Belladonna has here though. Floored solid.

2 comments:





  1. http://www.filefactory.com/file/3aowommpd11t/2097.rar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Drago. Please, more The Savage Rose

    ReplyDelete