Friday, March 27, 2015

Janne Schaffer - 1978 - Earmeal

Janne Schaffer 

01. Hot Days And Summer Nights
02. Happy Feet
03. To A Beautiful Painter
04. Bromma Express
05. The Shrimp
06. Shrimp A La Carte
07. It's Never Too Late
08. Frederick's Place

Guitar: Janne Schaffer
Drums: Jeff Porcaro
Keyboards: Peter Robinson
Keyboards, Flute, String Arrangements: Bjorn J:son Lindh
Keyboards: Steve Porcaro
Bass: Mike Porcaro
Stefan Brolund: Bass (8)
Percussion: Joe Porcaro
Percussion: Malando Gassama (3)

I found this in my record collection. It's a great album and I thought you might like a listen. It was Janne's last attempt at making it internationally. Then the whole 80's shred thing happened. Being the top guitar player in Sweden in the 70's, Janne is also heard on most Abba albums. One of the greatest guitar players from that era IMHO. Take a look at the credit list below. Can't help to think he's had influence over the Toto boys, Steve Lukather in particular... A lot of Luke's early stuff bares resemblance to Janne's playing. Anyway, have a listen guys!



  2. --Link is dead for some reason...?

    But, Thanks so very much, as always...You ROCK!! :0)


  3. double checked... downloads and unpacks without problems


  5. link doesn´t work , thank´s anyway .......

  6. The server hosting this file is temporarily unavailable due to system maintenance. Please try again shortly.

    If it stays like this longer than a week I will reupload, usually within a week they are back up...

    1. I didn't know that! Cool. What I'll do is rather than report every single one as I come across it, I'll book mark it, come back in a few weeks and check it. If it fails again, then I'll post that it's been offline for (X) days. Cheers!